Summarize the primary purpose of the position, including scope of responsibility in 5-7 concise sentences. (i.e. Global vs. Country/Region) It may be helpful to complete this section after you have finished the other sections of the document.
Regional Business Manager is responsible for business performance of the Outsourced business for assigned Geography / Locations ensuring right business planning, execution, outcomes and oversight /controls. RBM leads the regional business with Outsourced Business Partner team (or counretpart) focusing on 3 key areas: field force execution, HCP engagement/activities and sales planning (stockist/semi/retail) ensures execution rigor and compliance through the sales hierarchy and as per Pfizer standards.
The role is responsible to achieve and exceed the budgeted sales for the assigned geographical region. , The role partners with the Outsourced Business Partner to optimize productivity, coverage of customers and resource deployment in accordance with growth opportunities, evolving operating environment and customer preferences. Deliver the short term and envision and prepare for the mid to long term success for the business. Identify business and growth opportunities and develop operating business plan
In order of importance, list the key accountabilities critical to the performance of the position. It is recommended not to list actual tasks but focus on essential responsibilities that highlight accountability and level of judgment required.
- Business Performance
- Oversight of business performance & Responsible to achieve budget
- Management of the Routine tasks
- Field Force Strategy execution through CSO
- Promotion Strategy execution and feedback.
- Leading the transition to the new operating model
- Ensuring and closing the loops in plan execution
- Smooth onboarding of stockists/ wholesales to new supply points
- Field force Execution
- Plan & Conduct field work. Monitor the SLA and coverage KPIs. Ensure rigor / discipline of field force
- Coaching / feedback on product knowledge / execution
- Responsible for training planning, delivery and sustainability in product knowledge and selling skills
- HCP Engagement Activities & Channel Partners Engagement
- HCP Engagement planning and execution
- Smooth transition of HCP engagement and relationships
- Marketing activities execution and feedback from HCPsFocus on business process and maintaining overall quality of work, channel execution through different platforms.
The role of a RBM, while is pegged at the same level as that of a Regional Business Manager, there are some key differences in the scope and priorities of this role as below:
- Managerment of sales operation lies with the CSO team, while the accountability of driving sales through strategic leadership/ intervention lies with the RBM
- Implentation of sales and marketing initiatives is supervised by the RBM, while is directly managed on the ground by the CSO team
- Considering the above priorities, the geographical coverage for the RBM role is expected to be wider Good Management skill with 3rd parties and vendor management. Should be able to create significant influence on the key stakeholders.
- Proficiency in analytical skills of complex data to draw meaningful insights to drive the business efficiently
Detail Description Of The Role Is As Below.
- While the CSO is responsible for driving the end sales, it is the responsibility of the RBM to provide a strategic direction for the region while collaborating the key leadership stakeholders of the CSO
- Prepare the regional targets for each of the key products, plan monthly sales targets for each district so as to optimize the potential and field force productivity for the region as a whole.
- Monitor DMs distribution of targets to territories – product wise and value wise for each key product with annual and monthly sales targets
- Validate the sales targets set by the CSO
- Plan and develop suitable sales strategy in consultation with the DBMs
- Organise collection of market intelligence through systematic collection and analysis of data, statistics and information from the field and use the same to recommend and/or redesign sales strategy to meet competition.
- Support the SM in budgeting for the BU
- Conduct sales analytics to identify areas / stakeholders to be focused upon for driving business growth
Operational / Process
- Keep himself updated on the competitors’ activities through personal visits to medical practitioners, wholesalers and retailers and through systematic collection and analysis of data, statistics and information.
- Make joint visits to key customers / opinion leaders to build up effective relationships and assess the effectiveness of promotional strategy / promotional campaigns. Make suitable recommendations to HO as deemed fit.
- Coordinate with Medical Research Department in updating information and data on pharma products for its dissemination to the field force.
- Review and assess the effectiveness of sales campaigns and programmes; take corrective action and recommend improvement in sales planning, sales methods, market coverage and sales administration.
- Coordinate with local chapter of Indian Medical Association and other Medical Associations of Physicians & Surgeons etc for participating in Medical Symposia and Group Meetings.
- Maintain contacts with eminent medical practitioners and opinion makers, wholesalers, hospital authorities, concerned government officers to promote goodwill and the Company’s image.
- Support in driving the institutional sales for the region by developing and managing relationship with key institutions in the region. Negotiate special prices for sale of Pharma products to hospitals and other institutions and for liquidation of short-dated stocks.
- Build relationships with and manage key opinion leaders & key customers
- Supervise product promotion campaigns for new & existing products for the region
- Provide inputs to the marketing team to assist marketing strategy articulation
- Coordinate with the CFA and internal distribution teams to ensure product availability in the region
- Render assistance and coordinate with Medical Research Department in the conduct of clinical trials for existing and new products. Keep MRD informed of the clinical trials conducted by competitors
Culture/ Compliance/ People (With Direct Reports)
- Demonstrate and promote Pfizer global values in all interactions
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors
- Set out targets and objectives jointly for key positions
- Appraise performance on the achievement of targets against predefined objectives and recommend career progression decisions
- Handle grievances and disciplinary issues in the region in consultation with HO departments
- Actively focus on subordinate development through performance monitoring, periodical counseling, guiding and coaching
- Assure imparting of product and selling skills training for team members. This is not limited to direct reports. The RBM is responsible for training of the concerned CSO employees
- Provide guidance on company procedures, policies and guidelines
- Conduct manpower planning for the region in association with the CSO for the Contractual field force resources
- Manage P&L for the region
- Responsible for expense management for the region including promotional budget for their team (self & direct reports)
- Ensure achievement of Sales budgets for the assigned geographical region
- Regulate the acceptance and execute orders within the authorised limit
- Ensure that customer dues are collected in accordance with credit terms & outstanding are kept to the bare minimum
- Ensure proper utilisation of product samples, detailing aids and other promotional material.
- Ensure budget control and adherence for the area
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of expenses for their team.
- Driving adoption and usage of technology/Digital initiatives for HCP and Trade stakeholders for the region
- Use IT tools and integrated software for Business and MIS.
- Identify technology solutions for enabling better information availability.
- Continuously evaluate technology developments for evaluating and adopting innovations in training.
Provide the primary contacts that this position will have interaction with as a regular part of the position responsibilities. Include any external interactions as appropriate.
- External: Leadership team and sales hierarchy of CSO, Medical Practitioners, Consultants, Chemists (including hub chemists), Wholesalers (Stockists and Semi stockists), Hospital /Nursing Home / Clinics Administration, Hospital / Nursing Home, Pharmacists
- Internal: Direct Reports, RBMs, HO colleagues (Marketing, Medical, Training), Distribution and Institutional Team
Financial Accountability – P&L of the region (details mentioned in the Responsibilty section)
Supervision – CSO Team
Skills / Knowledge / Qualification / Experience
Indicate the formal education, certification or license required and/or preferred. Include the minimum number of years of relevant experience required for the position.
- Degree in Sciences / Pharmacy or Graduation with relevant experience is desirable.
- Diploma/ Degree in sales/marketing is advantageous
- Experience of 8 to 10 years in sales
- Special Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of therapeutic segments and related medical information.
- Knowledge of regulatory aspects and issues related to the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of applicable Pfizer policies and procedures, including those relating to promotional practices and adverse event reporting
- Commercial terms and conditions.
COMPETENCIES – This section is Optional to complete.
List 3-5 competencies only, see talent.pfizer.com for references. Provide detail for each competency. Include skills and knowledge essential to perform the position.
Disclaimer: This description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. Additional position specific requirements/responsibilities are contained in approved training curricula.
Growth opportunities – deliver shortterm and prepare for the mid / long term success. Business opportunities and Risk mitigation
@Rakheja, Deepak: Ok
Culture / Compliance / People
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.