Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Key Accounts Manager position based out of Bhopal. To support the achievement of BMS business goals by implementing value-based solutions with designated Key Account customers; to be responsible for the achievement of KAM targets on assigned accounts; to establish BMS as the preferred partner of choice with assigned Key Accounts; to support the creation of a customer-centric approach across Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Gujarat.
- Establishes business relationships and works closely with key customers to ensure preferential dispensing of BMS brands in Government institutes.
- Understand customer needs and identify and develop Key Accounts business in market by devising specific KAM strategies and Driving Excellent Execution in coordination with the Business Units.
- Maximizes business opportunities for the product portfolio in all sectors of the Government Key Account Business.
- Follow up on drug fulfilment and liquidation. Coordinate with Local Teams to drive activities in Key Accounts.
- Build strong relationships with Distribution, Finance, Sales force team for arranging activities and medical team by being transparent, reliable, and delivering on commitments.
- Keeps aware of all changes concerning environment and competitors, communicates and constantly interacts with BMS Sales Force to reinforce BMS sales efficiency and creates a competitive advantage.
- Ability to influence policy at various government levels (local, state, regional) and possesses excellent selling/negotiating skills and can use these skills to achieve business objectives.
- Displays superior negotiation skills to ensure that mutually beneficial contracts are successful and implemented in full. Negotiates prices, terms of sales and payments to develop BMS position in the hospital market.
- Encourages and supports collaboration across all departments and within the team both internally and externally. Develops and maintains internal cross-functional relationships
- Sees the big picture and execute plans with Focused approach on all key decision makers – Formulary Inclusion and Procurement. Access / Formulary breakthrough and drive procurement process
- Dedicates time and energy to self-development and willingly accepts new roles and responsibilities with enthusiasm
- Transmits clearly and effectively ideas and attitude (verbally and non-verbally) in one-on-one discussion and in formal presentations: listening, questioning, and engaging in open, candid dialogue.
- Minimum Graduation/ bachelor’s degree of Science is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a KAM with an overall sales experience of 7-8 years.
- Professional proficiency in English – Hindi and other Local languages is a plus.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of BMS brand portfolio and related therapeutic areas (Oncology).
- Knowledge of Functionality of Local Institutional business, Government Policies and Technical understanding of Tender Documentation and Procedures.
- Previous and successful experience in sales and key account business of oncology and/or immunology franchise. Experiences should include field sales, sales management, as well as a corresponding understanding of field training/development.
- Understanding the local pharmaceutical market, health care environment, customers, and competition and marketing fundamentals.
- Understanding of the current stage with insight into future trends for the industry.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information to a diverse audience at multiple levels within and outside of the organization.
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid or #LI-Onsite
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to [email protected]. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.