Job Title: Area Sales Manager – Molecular Spectroscopy
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Introduction to the Division /Function
Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) products give outstanding capabilities in materials science research and development driving innovation and productivity. Our product portfolio includes Scientific Instruments enabling the design, characterization and lab-to-production scale of materials used throughout industry. The key business units within MSD are Spectroscopy includes Molecular Spectroscopy (MOL), Bulk Elemental Analysis (BEA), Material Characterization (MC)
The current position belongs to Molecular Spectroscopy includes products FTIR, NIR, Raman Microscopy, IR Microscopy, UV Vis, NanoDrop. MOL products meet the needs of analytical laboratories serving applications as diverse as Petroleum & Polymers, Glass and Ceramics, Industries, Pharmaceuticals, Research & Academic, Institutes & Government Semiconductors, Paints and Chemicals, Forensics Investigations, and Environmental applications.
- Achieve the company sales and profit objectives within assigned territory
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh and product portfolio (Molecular Spectroscopy). The focus is on technical/product based customer requirements
- Achieve Area AOP in terms of Sales & Revenue, strictly adhering to the principles and guidelines of the company
- Co-ordinate various sales programs to grow the installed base through customer loyalty and relationships ensuring highest productivity levels
- Regularly visiting the customers and ensuring high level of support for their continued business
- Provide comprehensive feedback on competition and competitor activities helping the marketing team to develop counter strategies
- Assist sales head in appointing the area channel partners as per business needs
- Ensure that the receivables are strictly under control with respect to DSOs and ensuring that there are no overdue accounts
- Provide timely information to all the functions ensuring smooth and effective business operations in the region and as a member of the Sales Management should contribute to overall performance of the Division
Minimum Qualifications / Skills:
- Candidate must have a Science or Engineering Graduate
- More than 5-8 years of progressive experience in the field of analytical / scientific instruments, with at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in achieving the targets in Scientific Instruments
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.